ADVOCACY & BIRTH RESOURCES
- American Association of Birth Centers (AABC) - find a birth center in your area
- ACOG (American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology)
--> Approaches to Limit Intervention During Labor and Birth
- Birth Network National - information and networking with other new mothers
- Birth Planning Worksheet (from MothersAdvocate.org)
- Childbirth Connection - evidence-based information about labor and birth
- Choices in Childbirth - information for informed maternity care decisions
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS) - free mother-friendly documents and downloads
- International Cesarean Awareness Network - information on cesarean prevention, recovery and VBAC. Look up your provider and/or hospital cesarean rates here.
- International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA) - information on finding a doula, educator or childbirth class
- Lamaze International - information on natural, safe and healthy birth
--> Overview of the Six Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices
- Mothers Naturally - information about natural birth options
- Spinning babies - an approach that uses maternal physiology & fetal positioning to ease pregnancy & birth
--> Daily Activities
- American Physical Therapy Association, Section on Women's Health - find a local provider, information for patients on diagnoses, and FAQs
MIDWIVES & DOULAS
- Emily Governale of Bonded Beginnings - Local Postpartum Doula with a personal reference
- Citizens for Midwifery - information about midwifery and midwives in your area
- MyMidwife.org - information on midwifery, pregnancy and women's health
- DONA International - information about doulas and how to find one in your area
"Countless scientific trials examining doula care demonstrate remarkably improved physical and psychological outcomes for both mother and baby. Doulas have a positive impact on the well-being of the entire family. Dive into our site to learn more about this incredible, growing field! DONA International has been training professional doulas for 25 years, and we’d love to share all we’ve learned with you."
- International Lactation Consultants Association - find a lactation consultant
- La Leche League International - breastfeeding information
MATERNAL MENTAL HEALTH
- Postpartum Health Alliance - If you need immediate support please call the San Diego Access and Crisis Line at (888) 724-7240. The toll-free call is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Talk to mothers who have recovered from PPD.
- Postpartum Support International - Call the triage line (800) 944-4PPD or (800) 944-4773
- CPMC San Francisco Perinatal Health and Wellness Program - Some women are in crisis, but many others call for support in adjusting to a time of great change. The Perinatal Triage Line 415-600-3637 is an opportunity to speak for free with a professional about the appropriateness of further treatment.